Keeping your animals or livestock cool and comfortable during the summer is absolutely vital. When high ambient temperatures and humidity combine, body heat may accumulate faster than your livestock can get rid of it. You can help your livestock keep cool by using Misting SA’s cooling system.
Misting SA’s Animal Cooling misting systems are an economical and effective means of outdoor cooling. It has been used for decades to keep animals cool where air conditioning simply was not practical. The most common uses for a typical misting system going back to the 1950′s included outdoor cooling for poultry and cattle. Misting SA’s Misting systems provide animal cooling without making the surrounds wet.
- Heat stress
- Loss of production
- Growth reduction of animals
Advantages of Misting SA’s ANIMAL MIST Cooling in Poultry:
- Reduction of temperature of up to 12 degree’s
- Loss of animals is radically reduced.
- Hens produce more eggs.
- Higher quality eggs are generated.
Advantages of Misting SA’s Animal MIST Cooling in PIG farming:
- Lower temperatures boosts sex drive and sperm count.
- Improves the sow’s appetite, which in turns improves milk production, thus increasing litter weight at weaning.
- A cooler environment will increase feeding, whilst a warm environment may reduce growth, and can lead to heat stress.
Advantages of Misting SA’s Animal MIST Cooling in CATTLE farming:
- Reduces heat stress dramatically. Heat stress influence milk production, weight gain and breeding.
- The misted, cooled cow is the productive cow.
- Reduction of production losses during hot weather conditions.
- Studies have shown that Misting SA’s HIGH PRESSURE MISTING together with the use of shade and forced air movement are one of the most effective ways to cool dairy cows.
- The ideal solution is to MIST between milking and feeding times.
- Increased milk production and profits.
In extreme heat conditions it is normal for humans and horses to slow down, but with the use of MISTING to ensure proper Animal Cooling, productivity is restored.
What is the best way to cool down the animals
With the use of Misting SA’s series of speciality mist nozzles placed in a line around the perimeter of an area, or by using specially designed misting rings, attached to box / oscillating fans. When connected to a high pressure misting system pump, water is forced through the specialty nozzles and quickly atomized to droplets as small as (5 microns).
Misting systems will produce billions of tiny droplets every second. If these droplets are introduced into an outdoor area, they quickly evaporate. This process of evaporation requires energy to be completed. The energy is taken from the air in the form of heat. The result is a temperature reduction of up to 12 degrees, depending on the ambient temperature and the relative humidity of the air. This method of temperature reduction is the most common use for all misting systems.
When misting systems are placed inside an enclosed area (such as a greenhouse), the billions of droplets that are produced will initially provide cooling as the droplets evaporate. However, if the air exchange is limited, the misting system will continue to increase the humidity level within the structure. Humidity levels as high as 90+% are possible. This unique characteristic of all misting systems makes them ideal for both outdoor cooling and humidification.
What components are needed for a misting system?
The required components for a misting system includes
Misting SA High pressure tubing (Nylon, Stainless steel or Copper)
Misting SA misting nozzles
Misting SA misting spray body
Misting SA Filtration Housing and cartridge
Misting SA Pressure Switch
Misting SA Solenoid Valves (low and high pressure)
Misting SA Anti drip valve
Misting SA high pressure misting pumps (various flow rates)
Misting SA Humidity and temperature controllers * Optional
Misting SA ventilation equipment. * Optional
* Additional components (such as wall mounted fans, extractor fans, Humidity and Temperature controllers) may be required for custom designed solutions.