Odour Control and Sanitation
When nuisance odours from your business operation drift over neighbouring communities generating complaints, you may be subject to large penalties from governing bodies.
Misting is an extremely effective method of odour treatment at the source. Special odour control chemicals delivered through the misting nozzles ensure elimination of malodours.
A custom designed Misting System will allow for an efficient and economical delivery system to remove odour. The Misting systems can even be used to economically remove workplace related odours and are designed for both interior and exterior applications
How does it work
A dosing pump adds the odour neutralising solution to the water as it passes through it, and is transferred with a high pressure pump at 70 bar to a series of engineered nozzles on a stainless steel, or nylon tubing pipe network. Different pump sizes are available depending on the number of nozzles and the design of the system.
The system can be installed outside at the perimeter of the odours area or inside on the roof of buildings or around doorways depending on the application.
It can take its water supply from the mains water scheme or from an accompanying tank – which allows for a great amount of flexibility. We have successfully installed misting on moving vehicles like Bomags. This system has been designed to mist areas around the Bomag on landfills. The 24 Volt pump (1 liter per minute) will disperse mist through stainless steel tubing and a 0.3 nozzle orifice to leave a thin layer of mist on soil. Water and enzymes are drawn out of a 500 liter tank that are mounted on top of the Bomag, secured with brackets.
Key advantages of a High Pressure Fog Systems
- Billions of micro-sized droplets drastically increase the surface coverage capability of the system.
- More surface area coverage yields better results.
- The more droplets present in the atmosphere containing an odour control compound, the more likely those droplets are to collide with odiferous molecules and neutralize them.
- Micro-droplets saturate the atmosphere and remove airborne particulate matter, including all the viruses.
- Due to smaller droplet sizes (1-10 microns) water consumption is largely reduced in comparison to larger droplet sizes.
- A significant evaporative cooling effect can be noticed due to evaporation of micro droplets.
- Air temperatures can be reduced by 5°C to 12°C in Summer depending on how often the system is activated during the day, and by maximum 3°C in Winter (by activating the system less during the Winter period and due to less evaporation).
- Systems consume marginal amounts of electricity, especially when compared to low pressure systems.
- Systems are low in maintenance and easily serviced.
Key advantages of typical chemicals that can be used
- Antimicrobial activity – destruction of all pathogens;
- Virucidial activity – destruction of viruses;
- Sanitation and disinfection
- Drastic improvement of health condition of employees;
- Total fly & insects control – as a consequence of the points above
Applications for odour control
- Chemical plants
- Solid Waste
- Waste Transfer Stations,
- Garbage Dumps
- Industrial Odours
- Composting Facilities
- Poultry and Livestock
- Sludge storage sites,
What components are needed for a misting system?
The required components for a misting system includes
- Misting SA High pressure tubing (Nylon , Stainless steel or Copper)
- Misting SA misting nozzles
- Misting SA Filtration Housing and cartridge
- Misting SA Pressure Switch
- Misting SA Solenoid Valves (low and high pressure)
- Misting SA Anti drip valve
- Misting SA high pressure misting pumps (various flow rates)
- Misting SA Humidity and temperature controllers * Optional
- Misting SA ventilation equipment. * Optional
- Misting SA Dosing Pump* Optional
- Misting SA Tank *Optional
- Additional components (such as wall mounted fans, extractor fans, Humidity and Temperature Controllers) may be required for custom designed solutions.